Wednesday, November 19:
8:45am Smoothie with 2 cups water, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbsp each homemade greens powder / chia seeds / hemp hearts, 1 tsp bee pollen, 1/4 tsp homemade vanilla extract (I drank this over about an hour).
9:45am One cup white tea.
10:30am Another cup of tea.
11:15am One glass water with one tablespoon of organic all-natural lemon juice. I keep waking up in the middle of a night with a sore throat—gotta stave off any possible illness with plenty of vitamin C!
12pm Another glass of lemon water with a small bowl of sugar snap peas.
1pm Another bowl of sugar snap peas.
1:25pm Another glass of lemon water and a bowl of baby carrots.
2pm One glass lemon water.
4pm Veggie pizza! We used a homemade whole wheat crust, homemade tomato sauce, broccoli, red bell peppers, red onion, crimini mushrooms, mozzarella, parm, and feta (recipe from Looneyspoons). I had about 1/4 of the pizza.
Throughout the evening: A glass of red wine and several glasses of water.
Approx. total calories: 1,600.
Exercise: 15 of each using 8-lbs dumbbells: shoulder presses, hammer curls with calf raises, bent-over rows, side bends, overhead triceps extensions, bicep curls with calf raises, goblet squats, front raises; 30 minutes walking.
Thursday, November 20:
Today was another one of those days when I wasn’t paying as much attention to when I was eating (or how much water and tea I drank!). Oh well! Here’s what I ate today:
- Smoothie with 2 cups water, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbsp each chia seeds / hemp hearts / homemade greens powder, and 1/2 tbsp bee pollen (I had about half of this).
- Two or three cups of white tea.
- Maybe six glasses of water? Eight? Lost track!
- One apple.
- Two slices of leftover homemade veggie pizza.
- A couple glasses red wine.
- Homemade lentils & rice with oven-baked whole wheat pita crisps (recipe from the Veganomicon… lacking in flavor but once we tweak the recipe it should be really delicious!).
Approx. total calories: 1,900.
Exercise: 45 minutes walking.