Yesterday, on Day 19 of the Raw Food Challenge, I ate:
– A few beet and zucchini chips, as well as some dehydrated squash rice, plus some fresh pineapple and 1 glass lemon water with 1/2 scoop calcium/magnesium powder. The zucchini chips are completely tasteless, which I was hoping for (I’m not a fan of the zucchini flavour); I had just sprinkled them with a bit of sea salt but they would be super good loaded with other spices! I’m going to play around with a few different spices. With the squash “rice”, I have gotten tired of it and still have mounds of it leftover, so I experimented with just dehydrating a small amount. It tastes great dehydrated! It’s sweet and crunchy. I’ll be making much more of it.
– Breakfast salad! Romaine lettuce, tomato, clover sprouts, pear. Every morning I wake up and think to myself, hmm, should I have fruit or vegetables for breakfast? Sometimes it’s frustrating. Other times, I really like that simplicity.
– Butternut squash seeds and 1 apple with cinnamon. These seeds were amazing. I tossed them with cumin, sea salt, garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, and then dehydrated them overnight. Swoon.
– 1/2 banana with some chocolate brownie
– Small handful apricots and 2 mugs mint tea
– A few more beet and zucchini chips, plus 3 romaine lettuce wraps filled with some crumbled juice pulp patties, clover/radish/mustard/alfalfa sprouts, strips of red pepper, and chunks of tomato
– The rest of the butternut squash seeds, plus 1/2 banana with the rest of the chocolate brownie (yeah, I’m all over the brownie :D)
– Some dehydrated squash “rice”, handful apricots with a smear of cashew butter on a couple of them, a couple pieces frozen banana, and a few carrot sticks
– Salad with romaine lettuce, lentil sprouts, clover/alfalfa/radish/mustard sprouts, and tomato with 1 mug mint tea
– 1 apple with 1 mug mint tea
Yesterday I didn’t get home from the Uniter office until past 11pm; I’d been proofreading the newspaper since 5:30pm. Granted, the last couple hours we were more hanging out and joking around than working, but it was still late when I walked through my apartment door. I knew I had to wake up early for a full day of work today- after being in class all day yesterday before proofreading the newspaper- but I don’t mind the late night’s at the office at all. I love the work environment, I love the people, and I love the workload itself.
Question of the day: Are you doing what you love? If not, why aren’t you? If you are, what kind of obstacles got in your way before you managed to score your current position? Share and discuss!
Last chance to enter my giveaway to win one of two fantastic health books!