Yesterday, on Day 27 of the Raw Food Challenge, I ate:
– A couple potato chips and some pumpkin seeds (I seasoned both of these with black pepper, cumin, and crushed red pepper before dehydrating them overnight- I can never resist “taste-testing” them in the morning to check if they’re ready :)), and a smoothie made with a big handful spinach, 1 1/2 cups cold water, 1 orange juice pulp ice cube, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 1/2 tbsp cacao powder, cinnamon, 1 scoop calcium/magnesium powder, and the contents of 1 probiotic capsule
– I was really craving more smoothie, so I made another one: big handful spinach, 1 3/4 cup cold water, 2 orange juice pulp ice cubes, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 1/2 tbsp cacao powder, cinnamon, 1 scoop calcium/magnesium powder. I got the roommate to try it and he was surprised at how delicious it was. Tasty tasty smoothie!
– 2 mini eggplant pizzas and a few frozen blueberries. For the eggplant “pizza”, I took one dehydrated eggplant chip (I had seasoned it with some basil and thyme and dehydrated it overnight), and topped it with more basil plus some tomato, spinach, and garlic, and put it in the dehydrator for about an hour. These were tasty!
– A glass of lemon water and a few chocolate balls: I made these the same was as the brownie, except I used sunflower seeds instead of walnuts. Not quite as good, but still a nice chocolate fix.
– 1 apple with cinnamon and 2 mugs green tea
– 5 lettuce wraps with sprouted lentils, ground flaxseed, tomato, cucumber, and red onion, plus 1 mug green tea and another apple with cinnamon
– Potato chips and pumpkin seeds (dehydrated and seasoned with cumin/black pepper/crushed red pepper), plus 4 mini mandarins and 1 mug green tea
– Veggie medley (frozen green beans, broccoli, and carrots that I thawed in warm water) and 1 mug green tea
– 2 apples with cinnamon and 3 mini mandarins
– 3 chocolate balls and 1/2 banana