20 Toe Touches
Perform this set ten times for a total of 200 Toe Touches and 200 Cat-Camels!
For the Toe Touches:
1. Lie down on your back with your legs and arms lifted off the ground, straight into the air so that your legs are directly above your hips and your arms are outstretched towards your toes.
2. Raise your shoulders off the ground slightly, keeping your lower back pressed against the floor, while you curl upwards (using your abdominal muscles) to try to touch your toes with your finger tips. Use your abs to slowly contract and reverse the position. This is one rep.
TIP: Stare at your feet or the ceiling the entire time so as not to put strain on the neck.
For the Cat-Camels:
1. Kneel on all fours on a mat. Look upwards and keep your abs tight and your back straight.
2. Lift your face towards the ceiling so that your back curls, creating a dip as your torso reaches for the ceiling and your belly reaches for the floor.
3. Arch your back, curling your head under to look down at the floor. This is one rep.
TIP: Use your back muscles to perform this movement and do it in a slow, controlled fashion so as not to hurt your back with quick, jarring movements.