20 Inner Thigh Lying Abductor Raises (targets the inner thighs)
20 Stability Ball Pikes (targets the abs and shoulders)
Perform this set ten times for a total of 200 Inner Thigh Lying Abductor Raises and 200 Stability Ball Pikes!
For the Inner Thigh Lying Abductor Raises:
1. Lie on a mat on your right side. Prop yourself up so that both hands are flat on the mat in front of you. Keep your right leg extended in a straight line with the rest of your body and bend your left leg so that your left foot is planted on the mat in front of your right knee.
2. Raise your right leg as high as comfortably possible off the ground, keeping it straight the entire time. Slowly lower so that your leg grazes the ground but doesn’t quite touch it. This is one rep. Repeat all reps on this side before switching over and doing the same number of reps on your left side.
TIP: Don’t move your leg wildly whilst performing this move; instead, make a nice straight line so that your leg and torso are in alignment the entire time.
For the Stability Ball Pikes:
1. Lie on your stomach on a stability ball with your toes still touching the floor; your hands should also be flat on the ground in front of you.
2. Looking down at the ground, walk forward with your hands until your stomach is off the ball and your feet are now resting on the top of the ball. Keep your abs engaged the entire time so that your back is flat and parallel with the floor.
3. Use your legs to bring the ball closer to your body, thereby causing your hips and butt to rise up into the air. Your arms should be fully extended and your arms, head, and torso should make a nice, straight, vertical line above the ground. Roll the ball back to starting position. This is one rep.
TIP: Stare downwards to maintain balance; keep your hips level the entire time by engaging that core.