Yesterday, on Day 29 of the Raw Food Challenge, I ate:
– Smoothie with 1 frozen banana, a pile of spinach, 1 1/2 cups cold water, 1 orange juice pulp ice cube, cinnamon, 1 scoop calcium/magnesium powder, and just over 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 chocolate ball (made with sunflower seeds, dates, cacao, and cinnamon) and a few pumpkin/sunflower seeds
– 1 apple with cinnamon and 2 mugs green tea
– Romaine lettuce and 2 mugs green tea
– 1 apple with cinnamon plus 1 mug green tea
– Salad with romaine lettuce, tomato, hemp seeds, lentil sprouts, frozen blueberries, and frozen peas, plus 1 apple with cinnamon
– 1 chocolate ball, blueberry ice cream (I blended together 1/2 frozen banana with some frozen blueberries), some pumpkin/sunflower seeds, and a few lentil sprouts and frozen peas
– A few apricots and 2 cups veggie medley (frozen sugar snap peas, green peas, baby corn on the cob, carrots, water chestnuts, yellow pepper, and broccoli which I thawed in warm water)
– Raw fruit n’ seed cookies: I made the cookies by combining a myriad of ingredients in the food processor: sesame seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, dates, apricots, frozen pomegranate arils, cinnamon, and apple/lemon juice pulp. I just tossed in small handfuls or spoonfuls of this and that and then formed the “batter” into cookies. Then I put them into the dehydrator for an hour or so.
– More veggie medley (this time I used water chestnuts, green beans, green peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, corn, and yellow pepper), plus some chocolate ice cream with fruit n’ seed cookies crumbled into it (sudden chocolate craving; it took me by surprise!)
– Some sunflower seeds and 1 glass lemon water
So, I’m a little odd in that I like to munch on romaine lettuce leaves and frozen peas. But they’re tasty and refreshing and crunchy! Good stuff.
I’ve been really enjoying these past few days of eating raw. Choosing to not eat nuts, and to eliminate added salt, was the best move I could have made. I kind of wish I’d done it for the last half of the month instead of just the last week. My body feels great. Maybe it’s just because I know I’m in the home stretch now. Tomorrow’s my last day!