Heart health is important. You can protect against heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and so many other heart and health problems by protecting your heart… and often, that means making lifestyle changes.
That’s why I’m partnering with GoodLife Fitness on their #IHeartExercise Healthy Heart Challenge!
GoodLife Fitness is running this challenge to spread awareness about heart health and provide daily tips for getting fit and protecting your heart.
Did you know that exercise can assist in controlling your blood sugar levels? In fact, aerobic exercise can reduce your blood sugars by 12%.
One of the key ideas behind this challenge is that each of us can be empowered to protect our health. By making small lifestyle changes—everything from reducing the sodium in our diets to enjoying regular exercise—we can vastly improve our heart health.
You can check out all of GoodLife’s daily tips and ideas by joining their Healthy Heart Challenge Facebook event.
Before you begin the Healthy Heart Challenge, remember these tips for safe exercising:
1. Incorporate a warm up, cool down and heart rate monitoring with all activity
2. Exercise at your own safe intensity level
3. Consult a doctor if you have health concerns
4. And above all, have fun!
In addition to providing the daily heart health tips, GoodLife is also generously offering a GIVEAWAY to Living Healthy in the Real World readers! The winner will receive:
- 1 GoodLife Fitness gym bag.
- 3-month GoodLife Fitness membership.
- 1 branded water bottle.
- An I <3 Exercise T-shirt.
The prize is valued at $250 and the contest is open to Canadians only (sorry, my lovely American readers!).
You can enter the contest and get up to THREE entries to win the prize by doing the following:
- Comment on this blog post with what you love best about exercise, or what type of exercise you currently adore and why.
- Snap a photo of yourself having fun with fitness and post it on Instagram and / or Twitter with #IHeartExercise (remember to tag me, @Saganlives, and @GoodLifeFitness!).
- “Like” Living in the Real World on Facebook (or if you already like Living in the Real World, comment on or like one of the posts over there!).
The prize winner will be announced one week from today on Monday, February 23!