I am a huge fan of Joss Whedon, and my all-time favorite of his TV shows is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Putting aside the awesomeness of the show, Buffy herself, played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, has a fantastic style. Keeping in mind that the show aired from the mid-90s to the early 2000s, Buffy’s style still holds up! Sure, she has some quintessential 90s moments, but overall she has a really great look. And you can get it too!
- Rock the basics. A simple tank top and fitted pants are classic Buffy looks. Flattering, tailored, and seasonally-appropriate are fundamental here.
- Stick with simple makeup that emphasizes the eyes. A little black eyeliner and mascara can go a long way! Buffy is always wearing a smudge of eyeliner around her eyes; a thin line along the bottom lash and a thick smudge lining the upper eyelash.
- Spend time working on your hair. Buffy has great hair. Whether it’s long curly locks or a short spunky cut, she always has gloriously shiny hair free of flyaways and frizz. Her clothes might be simple, but Buffy’s hair is immaculate. Add that extra product in to style your hair and make your mane turn heads.
- Go for a slightly edgy feel. A black leather jacket. A gothic cross around the neck. Great boots. Shiny pants. Choose pieces that can add to the rest of your outfit without overwhelming it. Buffy’s classic style is all about oozing confidence without catching too much attention or dressing inappropriately.
- Don’t be afraid to add pretty touches to a feisty look. Buffy is unapologetically a girly girl, even when she’s slaying demons. Add plenty of feminine pieces, including skirts and dresses, to your wardrobe.
What’s your favourite Buffy look? What items would you add to this list? Share in the comments section below!
Get Buffy’s look: